3 Links Consultancy trading as Gotcha Recruitment (company number 7053757) (“Gotcha Recruitment”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices or through third party Job Sites (e.g. CV-Library or Reed or any of their affiliated sites) is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect from You
Gotcha Recruitment may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions, this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. We conform to legal requirements, under the equality of opportunity laws and process this personal information to assist our recruitment process and provide you with an enhanced service.
How We Use Your Information
This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications or to apply for specific jobs. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- by Gotcha Recruitment to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you.
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Gotcha Recruitment;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Gotcha Recruitment;
- if Gotcha Recruitment or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
- our monthly e-newsletter is delivered by a third party provider, MailChimp. Subscriber information on email opening and clicks is gathered to help us to monitor and improve our future e-newsletters. Mail Chimp uses a “double opt-in” so when you sign-up you will be sent an automatic message asking you to confirm your subscription. At any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-newsletter, you will be automatically removed from our mailing list. Please see MailChimp privacy notice
- we use external social media platforms for communications, users should therefore be aware of each social media’s terms and conditions as well as their privacy policies. Hootsuite is used, as a third party provider, to help us to organise and manage our social media communications. Please see Hootsuite privacy notice
How We Process Your Information
If you register as a user of our services, you are consenting to the collecting and processing of personal information (which may include sensitive data) for the purpose of providing you with a talent resourcing service or presenting information relating to positions relevant to you.
Curriculum Vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants or applying to an advert though CV-Library or Reed (or any of their affiliated sites). You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our talent resourcing consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Gotcha Recruitment database, and will be accessible by Gotcha Recruitment talent resourcing consultants in the UK. We are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission). Your personal data will not be shared with any third party, unless they show a genuine interest in your personal information within a professional capability.
Our Legal Right to Process Information
Gotcha Recruitment will process information for the purpose of trying to find a job for the candidate. This information will be processed when Gotcha Recruitment have accessed a candidate CV through a job board (e.g. CV-Library, Reed and/or LinkedIn); have made contact with a candidate and they have shown an interest in the role in question; or when a candidate has applied directly to an advert placed by Gotcha Recruitment through a job board (e.g. CV-Library or Reed or one of their affiliated sites).
Gotcha Recruitment have reviewed the purposes of our processing activities and selected the most appropriate lawful basis (or bases) for each activity:
- Searching to fulfil candidate needs for a wider role or employer – gain consent
- Processing an application for a job – rely on legitimate interest
- Placing a candidate – legal contract within our Terms and Conditions for the talent resourcing service agreed
How We Protect Your Data
We are committed to storing your personal information securely and treating it with sensitivity. We use a third party provider to help us maintain and support our website. Your personal information is held on a database that is hosted on a server and is protected against unauthorised access by the latest security software.
Our Data Retention Period
The data will be stored for a maximum of 2 years from receiving consent; however Gotcha Recruitment will endeavour to remove it prior to that – ideally after 3 months of the vacancy being filled or the start date of the new employee, whichever happens last.
Aggregate Information about Gotcha Recruitment online visitors
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to ask Gotcha Recruitment to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Gotcha Recruitment. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Gotcha Recruitment’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call your local office to speak to one of our representatives.
Gotcha Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis. Please click here for more information on diversity.
In the case of a data breach
Gotcha Recruitment has a full incident management process to investigate suspected or reported data breaches, which takes into account the requirements of GDPR, including the notification of the data subject and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).