Gotcha Recruitment, we provide talent resourcing services to clients looking to recruit new employees, we take your personal information seriously and this privacy notice outlines the main reasons why Gotcha Recruitment is required to process personal information including ‘sensitive’ personal information relating to its current and previous employees.
This agreement sets out the personal information (including sensitive data) we collect from you, how we process and store your information in accordance with the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR).
You also as an employee have various rights and choices that we will explain too.
Data protection principles
Data Protection Act lists the data protection principles in the following terms:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and use clear, plain language that is easy to understandPersonal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Gotcha Recruitment’s collects your personal information to identify you as a person. The personal information processed includes: Name, Address, Email address, Phone number – landline and/or mobile, social media contact details e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn accounts, Gender, National Insurance Number, Previous employer(s), Education: history, subjects, grades, locations, dates, Nationality, Marital status, References – names and contact details, Driving licence, or any other licence, held, Interests/hobbies, Courses undertaken.
Sensitive personal information
Gotcha Recruitment’s collects more ‘sensitive personal information’ This information processed includes: racial or ethnic origin; religious beliefs or other similar beliefs.
- Save in exceptional circumstances, Gotcha Recruitment will process data about an employee’s racial and ethnic origin, their sexual orientation or their religious beliefs only where they have volunteered such data and only for the purpose of monitoring and upholding the company’s equal opportunities policies and related provisions
- Data about an employee’s criminal convictions will be held as necessary
Gotcha Recruitment’s contractual responsibilities include those arising from the contract of employment of internal staff only. The personal information processed meet contractual responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, data relating to: payroll; bank account; postal address; sick pay; leave; maternity pay; and pension and emergency contacts.
Gotcha Recruitment’s statutory responsibilities are those imposed on the company by legislation. The personal information processed to meet statutory responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, data relating to: tax; national insurance; pensions, statutory sick pay; statutory maternity pay; family leave; work permits; and equal opportunities monitoring.
Gotcha Recruitment’s management responsibilities are those necessary for the organisational functioning of the company. The personal information processed to meet management responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, data relating to: recruitment and employment; training and development; teaching; research; absence; disciplinary matters; health and safety; security; e-mail address and telephone number; swipe cards; and criminal convictions.
Disclosure of personal information to 3rd parties
For the performance of the employment contract, Gotcha Recruitment is required to transfer an employee’s personal data to third parties, for example, to pension providers and HM Revenue & Customs.
In order to fulfil its statutory responsibilities, Gotcha Recruitment is required to provide some of an employee’s personal data to government departments or agencies e.g. provision of salary and tax data to HM Revenue & Customs.
Personal information – automated decision making:
As an employee, you are reviewed and accessed on your merits, aptitude, ability and experience. We do not make any automated decisions.
Keeping personal information up-to-date
Gotcha Recruitment will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data it processes is accurate and up-to-date. It is the responsibility of the individual employee to inform the company of any changes to the personal data that they have supplied to it during the course of their employment. As an employee have various rights by law:
- The right to be informed
You as an individual have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information. This agreement is designed for us to be transparent regarding out data collection, processing and storage under the GDPR
- The right of access
As an individual you can have access to your personal information data upon request.
There is a reasonable charge to cover our administration costs and we will respond to your request within one month.
- The right to rectification
Under the GDPR, an individual can have inaccurate personal information rectified, or completed if it is incomplete, either verbally or in writing. Gotcha Recruitment have one month to respond to your request
- The right to erasure
This is also known as the “right to be forgotten”, you can request that your personal information be removed, either verbally or in writing. Gotcha Recruitment have one month to respond to your request
- The right to restrict
As an individual, you have the right to request or suppress your personal information. In certain circumstances, Gotcha Recruitment are permitted to store your personal information but not use it.
- The right to data portability
You have the right to data portability, this allows you to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to processing
As an individual, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances and an absolute right to stop your personal information being used for direct marketing
- The right to lodge a complaint
If you have a compliant about how Gotcha Recruitment collects, processes or stores any of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to withdraw consent
Gotcha Recruitment wants to offer you a choice and control over the information that we forward to you. Your consent is important and through this agreement we specify why we want your personal information and what we are going to do with it. You can withdraw your consent at any time, we publicise how to do so on all communications.
If you have any further questions about this policy or require further information regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us here:
Suite 120, Devonshire House