We often hear companies call their employees “staff” and sometimes they classify them as a “team”. You may be thinking why does this matter and what’s the difference?
Calling your employees ‘your team’ psychologically reinforces:
- Be a team player, have fun and interact
- Help and provide support to colleagues with gratitude
- Motivate others and they will naturally reciprocate
- All reaching for the same goals or objectives
- To achieve and become the best in their ability
Being called a ‘staff member’ associates them with:
- Just a job
- Being no value to the company
- You and them attitude
- No care or respect
- Not willing to go the extra mile
As a business owner, director or any line manager responsible for a department, just think how you would like to be classified….