6 Ways to Become More Productive!
Video Interviewing has become very popular in recent years when recruiting, so, we thought we would tally up some pros and cons from an industry expert.
- It can be quick and more convenient for both the employer and interviewee
- The employer is able to see how the interviewee presents themselves
- Location becomes irrelevant whilst only at interview stage
- No travelling for the interviewee
- The interviewee is at the comfort of their own environment – this could make them feel more comfortable and confident
- You can’t detect body language
- Signal issues and distractions
- It doesn’t flow as well as a face to face interview
- Some candidates may not have the facilities – This then means the interview process is not consistent and fair for other candidates
- It can be quite artificial/fake as some people are not comfortable being on camera
- Overlapping dialog and difficulty holding a conversation if the system has frozen at any point.
For more information or tips about video interviewing, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01256 322255.
Read more Gotcha tips