Video Interviewing has become very popular in recent years when recruiting, so, we thought we would tally up some pros and cons from an industry expert.
- It can be quick and more convenient for both the employer and interviewee
- The employer is able to see how the interviewee presents themselves
- Location becomes irrelevant whilst only at interview stage
- No travelling for the interviewee
- The interviewee is at the comfort of their own environment – this could make them feel more comfortable and confident
- You can’t detect body language
- Signal issues and distractions
- It doesn’t flow as well as a face to face interview
- Some candidates may not have the facilities – This then means the interview process is not consistent and fair for other candidates
- It can be quite artificial/fake as some people are not comfortable being on camera
- Overlapping dialog and difficulty holding a conversation if the system has frozen at any point.
For more information or tips about video interviewing, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01256 322255.
Read more Gotcha tips