10 Ways to Combat Nerves When You Have an Interview
As there could be different pros and cons for an Employer and Employee, we are going to be doing two blogs on the subject. This week, we will be focusing from the Employers view and next week will be from the Employees view.
- You may get better candidate talent further away from where you’re based which means you can still utilise their skills but from home so no travelling is involved
- Increased productivity as the employee could be more focused at home i.e. making sales calls
- It’s a huge benefit for people with commitments i.e. school run, working part-time etc.
- It shows you have trust in your employee which leads to better retention of staff
- Flexible working hours
- Dependant on the type of person, some people feel more comfortable in their own environment and own company
- You can’t physically see your employee and what they’re doing
- It can reduce team morale
- You can’t train or pick up on training elements that need to be addressed
- Less likely to coach through situations
- Restricted management
- If you do not have a structured process, you could end up having less team updates
- Employee could get easily distracted if they’re not fully focused at home
Please do not hesitate to call us for more information on 01256 322255.
Read more Gotcha tips