Increase Employee Morale – A Little Acknowledgement Goes A Long Way
Taking the time give recognition to an employee makes a substantial difference to productivity and will increase employee morale. A study found that when companies had an effective recognition program the productivity and profit of the company was double those without such a program.
Here are some Gotcha Tips on how to effectively communicate positive recognition to employees.
- Be timely. When someone does an exceptional job let them know right away.
- Be sincere. Do it when you really appreciate something.
- Be specific. Detail what the employee did. General recognition comes across as insincere.
- Be personal. Do it in person, not through email.
- Be positive. Don’t be critical at the same time – avoid words like ‘but’.
- Be proactive. Look for things to be positive about, don’t wait for perfection.
Giving employees positive feedback about their work boosts their morale, they perform better and then you have more achievements to praise!
Already do this? Have you thought about limitless holidays?